You are required to obtain permission from Queensland Rail to take over dimensional road loads across Queensland Rail infrastructure under the Transport Infrastructure (Rail) Regulation 2006. Typical examples of such loads are houses, earthmoving equipment, transformers, machinery or agricultural equipment.
If a road load exceeds any of the requirements listed below, and it is required to transport such load across Queensland Rail infrastructure, you must apply for permission in the form of a permit or a confirmation issued by Network Access’ Over Dimensional Road Loads Section. This permit or confirmation ensures safe travel over all Queensland Rail infrastructure and the type of authority will depend on the type of load being transported and the required route.
For more information of the legislative requirements, view the Transport Infrastructure (Rail) Regulation 2006 available on the Office of the Queensland Parliamentary Counsel web site.
If you would like more information please see the Frequently Asked Questions. If you would like to submit an application, please view the Application Process, call 07 3235 1719, or email us at email@example.com.
Written permission must be obtained where:
3. It is necessary to drive a vehicle that has the following over-weight dimensions:
- The axle mass for any single axle of the vehicle is over 12 tonnes;
- The total of all axle masses for any 9m of the vehicle’s length is over 48 tonnes; or
- The total of all axle masses for the vehicle is over 105 tonnes.
2. It is necessary to drive a vehicle that has the following over-height dimensions, if the vehicle is higher than:
- A height barrier for the crossing;
- Were the South East Queensland electrified track crosses an access road (4.1m);
- Were the South East Queensland electrified track crosses another road (5m);
- Were another electrified railway track crosses an access road (4.3m); or
- I any other situation where the vehicle exceeds the height restriction (5.2m).
3. It is necessary to drive a vehicle that is longer than 35m.
4. It is necessary to drive a vehicle that is wider than:
- 5.5m; or
- The distance between the posts of a height barrier for the crossing.
The Overdimensional Authority Application Process
- Step 1 - Download the application to move over-dimensional road loads form
- Step 2 - Complete form and fax it to 07 3235 2544 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Step 3 - Our team will fax back a confirmation or permit four working days prior to the load being transferred
- Step 4 - It is then your responsibility to provide your driver and the Police with a copy of this authority. The Police will require three working days notice.
Overdimensional loads application forms